Tuesday 27 February 2018

A February Thursday in London

Today it's snowing in London. It started yesterday, on and off. At the moment the snow looks very pretty.
However, I will not show you any pictures of snow now. Have a look at the older ones. These I took on a Thursday.

After my morning class with parents at a children's centre, I cycled along Twyford Abbey Road towards the canal to do some research for my Park Royal area tours. I turned left into Evelden Road which is lined up with many businesses.


 Kolak Snack Foods  occupy the largest premises. I've heard they have kindly provided snacks and crisps for local community events.

The cafe and B&B has a convenient location by the roadside and ovelooking the canal.

 This very old cottage by the canal looks abandoned.
 It was not very 'photographically' exciting between the canal and The Crown Cafe in Lower Place (which is no more) so my next picture show a patient doggie waiting for his Master. I enjoyed my half grilled halumi half chicken wrap and a cappuccino in the warmest corner of the cafe.
 The next pictures were taken on the other side of Harlesden Station. I went left and here talked to a Hungarian security guard at the building site. Who knows what may happen to this imposing red brick building. Will it get demolished like the school in Lower Place?

 






...

By the time I cycled home I was pretty tired which is quite understandable.
...
This picture documents an exhibition of works by a Polish Artist at The POSK Gallery in Hammersmith. I got a lift there in the evening, lucky me.

There is a restaurant called Lowiczanka at POSK and that is where Polish business-oriented women meet. This time my friend, Ola Kozlowska, was giving a presentation about myofascial release massage which was met with great interest.



 The ladies were still chatting when I had to leave so as not to miss the lift back. However, I took a picture of these commemorative plaques and then more on the way back as my friend got delayed on the way.
 It actually was very enjoyable to walk along Chiswick High Road and look for nice objects to photograph knowing that I will get a lift home!




 One of my favourite places in Chiswick is The Old Cinema which now houses an unusual shop with decocative items often made of cleverly used recycled materials.





 I sometimes meet this cuddly cat outside. It runs towards me and is very friendly!
Did you enjoy learning about my Thursday?
BTW, the snow had stopped before I completed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment